Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 2 operation no carbs

I made it through day one successfully. That means I finally achieved the mindset to do this. I didn't have any negative thoughts about food yesterday. I didn't long for bread. I simply didn't miss it. I'm really thankful I decided to commit myself to a healthier way of eating. Now, instead of soaking my coffee with peppermint mocha creamer, I am enjoying one tablespoon that is good for 5 carbs until I decide to let that creamer go. Baby steps when it comes to my coffee habit. Baby steps.

First thing when I got out of bed this morning I wrote my award letter on the fridge praising my success for yesterday. I just find this helpful for me. It keeps me motivated and on track. I can't help but look at that note every time I go to the kitchen. Win!

My plans for food today are lots of berries, an apple or two and veggies. For lunch, I'm having a salad. For dinner, I'm going to slow cook some beef and that will be it. No bread today. No junk food in which to keep that belly fat there. Its taking a much needed hike, shrinking even now.  I feel wonderful.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

For my benefit I will list what I ate yesterday. For breakfast I had a 3 egg omelet with Cheddar and tomatoes. I snacked on blackberries, a few small bites of watermelon, and one apple. Lunch was veggies and steak. Dinner was more veggies, a spoon of natural peanut butter, and a little more steak. Oh. I also snacked on a piece of cheese. Wow. Is that really all I ate yesterday?  I didn't even feel hungry. I hate to even post what a normal eating day for me would be. I do know this is mucho better!

Now as far as exercise goes, I still continue doing what I love, Zumba fitness. I'm so grateful for it. I am in great shape because of it. I'm going to add more weights along with sit ups and push ups. I should probably do some Pilates. Yeah. Definitely Pilates. I'm going to do that before I cook breakfast.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment